Mini Christmas Scenes Under Glass

 These miniature Christmas scenes were inspired by a gift my Daughter gave to me a couple of years ago. It was a beautiful Christmas ornament that is now hanging on the tree.  So I looked to that ornament and Pinterest for some inspiration to do a few of my own.  Boy, there are so many beautiful ideas too.

 These cut jars are plastic that I purchased from Jo-ann's. I did buy a few trees that were already decorated and a few that were plain.  I found some beads in the jewelry section at Jo-ann's to hot glue on to the trees.

 The presents were also found at Jo-anns along with the snow.  The glass dome is a vase upside down.  I purchased that at the Dollar Tree store.  I used my die cut machine to cut out the circles for the base.  I used a hot glue gun to hold everything in place.

 The tops of the jars I used white gesso and while it was wet, I added glitter.  The "Joy" sentiment is a sticker that I purchased at Hobby Lobby.
 A Ball Jar was used also.
 I found these adorable mini cake stands at Jo-anns that were perfect.
Recycling a "Glade" candle and after the candle was used up, I put the glass in the freezer for 15 minutes and that helps remove any left over wax and wick.  Perfect for this project.

I hope to do more for next year.  I really love the way these turn out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrappy Quilting

Garden Cards To Share